Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Read the policies completely.
- Verify that the paper complies with all formal, ethical and legal requirements for authors and co-authors.
- Fill out the submission form correctly and completely (Please refrain from using sustained capital letters in names and titles, both on the platform and in the formats).
- Download, fill out correctly and completely all the forms that the journal has in its platform for authors and co-authors and sign them according to the requirements.
- Upload all files to the platform (formats, paper, graphics, images, informed consent, etc.).
The Revista Guillermo de Ockham considers that any original and unpublished paper, product, or manifestation of the intellect of an author or authors, enjoys legal protection related to copyright (Dirección Nacional de Derechos de Autor). In this regard, the journal guarantees authors the protection of this prerogative with regard to moral rights and understands that the economic rights are assigned by them for the different acts of communication, availability, handling and distribution of the papers.
When an author submits a paper to the journal, he/she agrees to assign the economic rights to the Universidad de San Buenaventura Cali, publisher of the Guillermo de Ockham Journal, which is formalized with the completion and signing of an assignment of rights, which is sent to the main author once the paper is accepted for publication. The editor will ensure the protection of the moral rights of the authors and will take care that their names and institutional affiliations appear in the paper, that the information published is approved by the author(s) and that no modifications are made to the work without their authorization. Likewise, it will guarantee that no emoluments are charged for the postulation or editing process of the paper, which will be published in open access.
The Revista Guillermo de Ockham provides immediate and open access to its content, based on the principle of offering the public free access to research in order to provide a global exchange of knowledge. Unless otherwise stated, the content of the journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0) license http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
- Attribution: you must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests that the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Non-commercial: you may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- No derivatives: if you remix, transform or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.
- No additional restrictions: you may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything permitted by the license.