INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COOPERATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Assignment of Rights
Authorization for reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of a literary, artistic or scientific
I , ____________________________________________, author of the book and / or article , of legal age , resident of the city of _________________ , identified with citizenship / passport n° ______________________ issued on _______________________, in exercise of his physical and mental faculties , part henceforth be called the AUTHOR , supports the following authorization to the reproduction, publication, communication and distribution of a work, perform the following terms:
1. Regardless of current legal regulations due to the linking of the parties to this contract, and any kind of legal presumption , the parties agree that the AUTHOR authorize ( name of the publisher ) to reproduce , publish , communicate and distribute the material referred to in the International Journal of Cooperation and Development of the University of San Buenaventura.
2. Such authorization lies in particular on the copyright of the work, by any means known or unknown, publication of the work, distribution of the work , either directly or through third parties for purely educational purposes.
3. AUTHOR agrees to report and declare the existence of this authorization and to preserve the right of the International Journal of Cooperation and Development of the first publication of the work.
4. AUTHOR declares that the article is original and that it is his sole creation, no impediment of any kind exist for the authorization he is doing, besides being responsible for any action claim, plagiarism or other type of claim that might arise about .
5. Such permission is free of charge.
6. Moral copyright in the article are solely the AUTHOR and the University of San Buenaventura expressly agrees to recognize and respect them rigorously.
The Author and / or AUTHORS
This issue of the Human Rights and Health Series presents the situation of Latin America and the Caribbean in terms of healthy eating, which still has figures that are far from the goals set by the SDGs, which aim to achieve zero hunger on the planet, since by 2019, 47 million people were suffering from hunger, a figure that meant an increase of thirteen million people in the last five years, i.e. between 2014 and 2019. On the other hand, “one out of every three inhabitants of Latin American countries and the Caribbean did not have access to food in adequate quantity or quality due to lack of economic or other resources.” That is 190 million people, who suffered from “moderate or severe” food insecurity. Thus, one of the objectives of this publication is to promote awareness of international agreements and treaties, and to present the mechanisms needed to guarantee the “full right to health” in the States parties. To this end, the current situation in the region of the Americas is put into context, all the international norms, protocols, conventions, and treaties, which have been agreed upon, are mentioned, and recommendations are made so that, as a society, we can be part of the guarantors of the fulfillment of human rights. It is worth mentioning that special emphasis is placed on the importance of promoting and protecting breastfeeding as the primary form of nutrition for the infant population, exclusively during the first six months of life and complemented until, at least, two years of age.
Keywords: Healthy Nutrition;Human Rights; Pan American Health Organization; World Health Organization; and Region of the Americas.
OPS & OMS (2021). Alimentación saludable. Un enfoque basado en los derechos humanos. Serie Derechos Humanos y Salud. Número 8. Washington DC.: OPS & OMS. https://iris.paho.org/bitstream/handle/10665.2/55301/OPSLEGDHdhs8210001_spa.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
OPS (2021). Alimentación saludable. Un enfoque basado en los derechos humanos. Repositorio Institucional de la OPS. https://iris.paho.org/handle/10665.2/55301
Rueda Fiorentino, M. (2019). Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo y Estrategias Nacionales para el Cumplimiento de los ODS. Aproximaciones a los casos de Colombia y Chile. Revista Internacional de Cooperación y Desarrollo. 6(1). 179-195 DOI https://doi.org/10.21500/23825014.3770
Tassara, C. (2018). Desigualdad y vulnerabilidad social en la Agenda 2030: posibles escenarios para los países latinoamericanos de renta media. Revista Internacional de Cooperación y Desarrollo. 5(2). 128-156. Doi https://doi.org/10.21500/23825014.3918